We have all been there, whether it was March 23, 2006 or Jan 19th 2013. It is a feeling that rarely comes, but when someone comes down with the GU Loss Blues it is no joking matter. While we all our own particular ways for dealing with a heartbreaking loss. I have scoured the depths of my pain to come up with 10 ways to deal with the GU Blues.
1. Watch and remember the good old times. The 1999 run, the Maui game, the Meech runner, or The Pangos 33 point explosion, better yet watch them all again and again!
2. Dig through your closet to find your JP Batista voodoo doll (you know the one) and paste Stockton's picture over it. It won't change the past, but it might make you feel a little better.
3. Play a video game. Particularly play any video game where you can be Gonzaga and you can play Butler and destroy them time and time again.
4. Desecrate anything that says Butler. I would hate for any fan to support Butler right now, so go to the store, buy a manikin that looks like a Butler and destroy it; burn it, smash it, melt it, it doesn't matter just destroy it.
5. Vent. While venting will make you feel better it may stress out your fellow Bulldogs, so vent on this blog. This will can be a support group for you, full of fellow fans just as angry as you are.
6. Go to the gym. You have a couple of choices here. You could go work out until you can't feel anything anymore or you just practice passing the ball inbounds until you are confident you can do it better than Stockton.
7. Focus on the next game.
8. Adopt a dog from your local rescue shelter. This has nothing to do with basketball, but they need a home and you need something to bring you joy in your life.
9. Cry. Grab a chick flick, grab some tissues, and just get it all out of your system.
10. When all else fails...Drink... a lot.