|by Mark A. Hicks, illustrator.|
Well, we have reached the point in the Zag basketball season in which we each can sit back and breath a deep sigh of relief. Armed with the knowledge a brutal non-conference schedule is firmly affixed in our collective rear view mirror (Butler game aside) and we can now shift our focus to the WCC conference slate. This years conference play means a bit more as GU is no longer the hunted but rather looking to enact some sweet revenge and reclaim it's right full place as top *cough, cough..err...Dog of the WCC.
Before we dive into our first game against the Waves, let us first take this opportunity to reflect upon what the first couple months of non-conference play has shown us. It is time for you, the quintessential and consummate Zag scholars to assess and assign your mid-term grades for this 2012-13 bulldog class.
- First, please tell us who is your "top of the class" thus far and why.
- Second, please tell us who should be wearing the "dunce cap" and why.
- Third, assess the greatest strengths and the greatest area's of improvement, opportunity for the following:
GU: Back court, Front court, Coaching staff
- Fourth, give each player an overall letter grade and a one liner "comment from the teacher" so that his mommy and daddy will know if he is a joy to have in class or not.
- Finally, provide an over all letter grade for the team's success during their non-conference slate.
Sit back, turn on the tunes, pull out your red marker and get to grading!