Things are looking good for the Zags right now, and we can take a quick breath of fresh air before jumping back in with a game against SCU, so I figured what better time for a fun wife-inspired piece.
1. Hairstyle will include any hair that originated above the shoulders. (Chest and back hair will not count.
2. Hair does not have to be good to qualify, it just has to be memorable.
3. All players and Coaches are eligible provided they were at Gonzaga for at least one season.
4. When offering your own top five in the comments below please include links to pictures.
5. There may or may not be a prize for the best "Top 5", provided I don't win myself.
5. Pendo- The Brewster native gets an extra bump because of the lack of redheads, and the deep richness of his red hair. His messy red hair and barely there ginger beard make him the perfect way to begin the top 5. It also helps that he somehow always looked waaaayyy older than his opponents.
4. Kelly Olynyk- I know he claims that he is growing it out for "Locks of Love" and I believe him, but he is also growing it out because he has never cut his hair in America. Which sounds very Kelly Olynyk of him. The thin hairband ties it all together and keeps it from being a gross pony tail. If he continues to play at this rate, his locks will soon be touching the NBA hardwood.
3. Dickau- Dickau was the man who started it all. His Peter-Brady do had all of the announcers talking. It always looked good and always looked purposeful. I like to think it is Dickau's hair that got him his announcing job, and his wife as well. If one of you has a better reason he is announcing I would love to hear it. Also do i see bleached tips?!
2. Morrison- Probably the most famous of all Zag hair, inspired Zag fans and opposing team fans to don fake mustaches to the games. His "fear the Stache" campaign was nationwide and a trademark of the team that year. It wasn't thick, but it was there and that is what counts. It was a dirty dirty stache.
1. Turiaf- Not only could he have had multiple entries on this list due to his ability to transform his hair, but at one point he and Violette agreed to have him wear the fro during the tournament because it would mess with the defense. Finally a basketball use for hair.
Jeremy Pargo- While Pargo's hair wasn't always crazy, the fact that at one point for the NCAA tournament he had his own name buzzed into the back of his head...well it places him just outside of the top 5 our list.
Matt Bouldin- his mop top and curly Dickau wanna-be-hair was great, but not worthy of the top five nod.
Gray- Gray channeled his inner-ronny and changes his hair all around, but it never caught on as a hair thing, and doesn't make it on to my top 5